Brendan Smith interview

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

A win is a win is win: Red Wings 3, Coyotes 2 (OT)

Apologies for posting this late and that it's so short.  Due to my last cross-country practice ever this morning, my internship all day today, and WEBN sports tonight, I only had a few minutes to write , but I wanted to make sure I at least posted something. 

Those darn pesky Coyotes.  Should we have expected anything less than an overtime game?  Phoenix always plays the Wings tough.  Detroit has now won seven of their last nine games.  Sounds good to me.  Let's put this one in the win column, shoot some bullet points, and enjoy the next five games at home.

  • Rafalski made an impact early in his return.  His shot appeared to be wide on purpose and Cleary was in the right spot at the right time.  Have to imagine that is a play the team practices. 
  • I really liked the fact that Babcock juggled the line last night.  It liked seeing Frazen with Modano and Abby.  I liked Cleary with Hank and Pavel.  Can't say I loved Homer with Helm and Eaves.   I was luke warm on Hudler, Bert, and Filp.  The possibilities are endless (well not endless, but there are a lot. Someone should do the math for me).
  • I noticed Salei a lot more on the offensive end tonight.
  • There was some rumors floating around here in Boston that the B's and Coyotes were talking about a trade.  Keith Yandle's name came up (probably just because he's from the Boston area).  I don't know why Phoenix would trade him.  He's a guy that I wouldn't mind seeing in a Red Wings uniform one day.
  • Jimmah.
  • Hudler...seriously...I've always liked you as a Red Wing, but this whole not scoring a goal thing is really getting to me.  I know you were gone and have to readjust to the NHL game and rink size, but seriously, just bury one already, would you?
  • Stuart and Lidstrom together...I like this pairing.
  • Ed Jovanoski -- can't stand him. 
  • Hank and Pavel were both a minus-1. 

1 comment:

  1. Damn Yotes! From the way they've played Detroit so far this season, I seriously don't understand how their record is so bad.

    ReplyDelete