Brendan Smith interview

Friday, December 3, 2010

Game #23: Disney and the Ducks

This picture is for you, Hollis.
THE GAME

Detroit Red Wings (16-4-2) @ Anaheim Ducks (13-11-3)

It's only fitting that after the genuinely awesome and ridiculous conversation on the latest episode of TP:60 that the Wings are facing a team that used to be owned by Disney.  The Ducks have a little streak going. They've won three straight and Bobby Ryan has six goals in his last six games.  However, Detroit has also won three straight, but the Wings are only 3-8-1-1 in their last 13 games in Anaheim.   What does this all mean?  I have no freakin' clue...but I think we can all agree that Corey Perry and Ryan Getzlaf suck.


THE EXPECTED LINE-UP

Pavel Datsyuk - Henrik Zetterberg - Tomas Holmstrom
Todd Bertuzzi - Valtteri Filppula - Johan Franzen
Jiri Hudler - Justin Abdelkader - Danny Cleary
Drew Miller - Darren Helm - Patrick Eaves

Nicklas Lidstrom - Brad Stuart
Niklas Kronwall - Ruslan Salei
Johnathon Ericsson - Brian Rafalski

Jimmy Howard (starting)
Chris Osgood (charting face-offs)

In the press box: Jakub Kindl (healthy scratch)

Injured: Kris Draper (groin), Mike Modano (wrist)


WHAT TO WATCH FOR
  • Randy Carlyle will whine about something.
  • Teemu Selanne is a game time decision...I suggest he sits out.  Kronwall will be playing and, last I checked, he's a "dangerous player."
  • Fighting.  There will probably be a fight at some point tonight.  Keep your gloves on, Pavel.  I'd like to see Abby rip the mustache off Parros' face though.
  • Yesterday, I bought a carton of milk at the grocery store.  Jiri Hudler's picture was on it.
  • I hate the Ducks. 

Let's Go Red Wings.

1 comment:

  1. I'm alright pretending we totally planned the Disney talk prior to the Ducks. It literally didn't hit me until I saw it in writing here at BSI, but I'm not above lying.

    ReplyDelete