Brendan Smith interview

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Blogs Rule


Ladies and gentlemen,

Today, February 6, 2011, the day of Super Bowl XLV (whoopdee doooo), I have just turned 23 years old at the turn of the clock at midnight tonight (today?).  I think it's time to reflect.

First off, I need to thank @JillianRM for being the greatest girlfriend ever and taking me out to dinner/to the bar at 11pm when I got off work and surprising me with all my friends (and for ordering me an H2H2 shirt as a gift.  Seriously, what an f'n awesome gift).

I've been writing my here at BSI since July, but I've been lurking around all the Red Wings' blogs for the last few years.  I still rarely comment, but I can assure you...I'm reading.  The first Wings' blog I stumbled upon was The Triple Deke.  I don't think I ever stopped laughing.  Shortly after, I found my way to Snipe Snipe, Dangle Dangle.  From there I ventured my way to Winging it in Motown (NOTE: If Casey, Graham (loved Hole in the Door), or J.J. are reading this, seriously, if any of you stop writing at that site or need someone to fill in or want to add another writer, let me know.  I'm shamelessly throwing myself out there.  I've always dreamed/really wanted to write for WIIM).  And from there I found myself reading Nightmare on Helm Street and their awesome movie posters and shared hate for the Chicago Blackhawks.  Of course, there was/is Babcock's Death Stare.  Seriously, someone link me to a better blogger who covers the Wings' prospects and future.  I dare you.  Kyle owns that territory imo.  I hope he comes back soon.  I still can't thank him enough for his efforts in helping me get an interview with Brendan Smith.  I hope he's still kicking major ass with the Griffins. 

Then there is the one and only, The Production Line.  What can I say? Those guys are the be all, end all when it comes to Red Wings' blogs.  Whether it was their game previews, the loss candy, Shetuzzi, posts written by drunk Disch about midgets, I could go on and on.  And then of course, Disch and Petrella decide to add Hollis to the mix.  Their like the New York Yankees Detroit Red Wings of blogging teams.  They have THEE greatest Red Wings blog on the entire planet...ever...in the history hockey blogs.  Don't forget their Red Wing podcasts either.  Name me a better Red Wings' podcast...that's right...you can't.  Suck it to those who tried.  It's impossible.  And with all of that said, other than Andy (from Fight Night at the Joe.  Awesome blog), I can't wait to actually meet Michael Petrella at H2H2.  I owe him a ton for welcoming me into the Red Wings' blogosphere.  When I had questions...he answered them.  When I thought about starting my own blog...he encouraged me.  Hell, when I had random ass questions about the real world and applying for a job after college...he was there to help me out and motivate me to go fucking get it (and thank you, I absolutely fucking love my job at NESN.  I can honestly say I've never been happier...well that is until I become the producer of Detroit Red Wings games on FSD.  It will happen.  Just give me 5-10 years).  It just goes to show you the true character of Red Wings' fans. 

And to those I haven't mentioned yet, you're all included in this post.  My twitter friends/followers...@mserven (I still owe you that beer at H2H2 for the hockey socks!), @inhyung, @thetinnishflash, @lolabythebay, @lizzlefoshizzle, @whoabot, @baroque97, @jennyquarx , etc, etc, etc.  You guys all make every Wings' season that much more enjoyable.  And there is Matt at On The Wings and George formally of MLive and now posting at A2Y (okay...okay...TPL might be the best blog, but you can't argue that Malik is the best out there.  Even TPL will agree).  I know there are so many others I failed to mention, but I promise.  I read you all. 

I know I have been AWOL, but I promise to get back to blogging on a regular basis.  I've finally gotten adjusted to the new job and working late hours.  And on top of it all, I'm oh so very tempted to come up with a pitch/idea for the NESN.com website to write for them.  They have plenty of Bruins' coverage, but I'm thinking of trying to come up with a Western Conference view type blog for their site.  They're open to employees writing for their site.  If you have any ideas, please, don't hesitate to send them my way (bsiblog2@gmail.com). 

Oh yeah, we've lost two in a row...shutout in both games.  It's a slump.  They'll be okay.  I'll make sure of it on Friday when I'm at the game (with press credentials...I'll keep you posted).

Let's Go Red Wings. 

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for the kind words, bud. Means a lot to us -- keep up the great work, and we can't wait to meet you, either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, that's super nice. Happy birthday! Can't wait to meet you at H2H2.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man, this is beyond generous, Jeff. Completely agree on the Malik note, btw. We're all working for second place behind him. Here's to beers at H2, brotha...Disch

    ReplyDelete