Brendan Smith interview

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Midterm Evaluation


No, this isn't a post giving each Red Wings' player a grade for their play so far in the season...but Mikael Samuelsson gets a F because I still hate him.  I don't care if he's not on this team.  I don't like him.  In fact, if you do a Google image search of "Mikael Samuelsson sucks" the first picture that comes up is me giving him a thumbs down at the 2008 Stanley Cup championship parade.    It's not quite Sports Illustrated...but I'll take it (Also, mad props to TPL!)

This post is about the Brendan Smithsonian Institution.  It's has almost been six months since I started this blog and I'm always looking for ways to make it better.  I get some comments every now and then, but I'm really looking for some feedback from my readers.  What do you like?  What do you dislike?  What can I do better?  Is there anything you want to see more or less of? 

I also want to use this post to let everyone know that things will probably be a little slow around here the next week or so.  I have two weeks left of my college career and my work load is pretty stacked.  For my final journalism class I have to produce my very own news program.  I'm doing a 30 minute sports show called "New England Hockey."  I've got a lot of stuff about the Boston Bruins for the show.  Thanks to my internship at the sports department of a local news station here, I was able to get a lot of great footage of the Bruins' practice and locker room sound.  One of my reporters is doing a package on Marc Savard's return from injury.  My anchors will also have a phone interview with Kevin Paul Dupont from the Boston Globe.  There will also be some AHL stores.  I've had a Manchester Monarchs vs. Worcester Sharks game covered and will be going to cover the Providence Bruins vs. the Connecticut Whale this Friday.  I'm hoping everything turns out awesome.  I've got a lot of writing and editing to do in the coming days. 

I'm going to do my best to get some game previews up, but I don't know how much time I'll have to write the post game wrap-ups and other stories.  With that said, our good friends over at The Production Line, Fight Night at the Joe (Hey Andy!), and Winging it in Motown will have excellent recaps to fulfill your needs while I'm busy. 

My New England Hockey show tapes on the 9th and I have to have my editing complete by the 16th.  My internship is giving me full media credentials for the Bruins/Capitals game on the the 18th.  I plan to do a post around that.  I may do a live blog and updated as the night goes on or maybe a live chat. I'm flying home to Michigan on the 19th and plan to have some great upcoming posts while I'm home on Christmas break (Although is it a break if I've graduated?  Isn't that just called unemployment?).

So leave your comments and thoughts about the BSI and don't be shy.  I like constructive criticism.  Don't hold back.

Let's Go Red Wings.
Lidstrom for Hart 2011.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck on the production. I haven't posted on my site for almost three months because I've been doing the same deal in school.

    The site is great. Keep up the solid work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're doing awesome stuff here. You could do it more often, but I totally understand the grind of a busy life. My own site hasn't been updated once this season between work, my girlfriend/social life and the time of day where you just don't want to log into a computer and type shit.

    ReplyDelete