Brendan Smith interview

Monday, November 22, 2010

Don't call it a comeback! Red Wings 5, Flames 4 (OT)


Thank you, Yahoo!  I didn't see much of the game because I was at my internship from 4-11pm, but I was able to catch parts of the game on the Yahoo! stream during commercials and halftime of logging the Patriots' game.  And man, was I glad I didn't miss this one. 
  • The only early goal I saw was the Franzen goal.  What a nice pass from Rafalski.  It's great to have him back and contributing on the offensive end.  The Mule only scores at home it seems so not surprised he cashed in last night.
  • At halftime of the Pats/Colts when I tuned in it was 3-1 Flames.  I was rather disgusted.  I had no idea how they scored but no one scored the the rest of the way in the second while I was watching.
  • After the Pats game ended and I finished transcribing Peyton Manning's post game press conference, I tuned into the game just after Datsyuk scored and the teams were taking the center ice face off. 
  • What was up with the Tanguay goal?  Rafalski just got tangled up and tripped over himself and Tanguay was free to go directly to the net.  A very strange sequence.  I thought that was the dagger.
  • I was wrong though.  Hank made his way into the slot and actually score on his back handed shot.  I was a little surprised.  It seems like he takes the backhand shot all the time and it always misses the net or is saved.  I'll take it though.
  • I bet I wasn't the only one that thought it was over when Rafalski lost the puck at the line with around 15 seconds left.  But when time is running out just get the puck on the stick of Datsyuk.  He dangled his way through about three Flames and created a two-on-one with Hank and, well, Hank was not going to miss that wide open of a net.  Nice pass by Pav.  Nice play all around.  You can never count this team out.
  • Nick Lidstrom...what can you say?  He really can do no wrong.  Even when you thought maybe he should have shot that puck and he made it a little harder on himself to score...it didn't matter.  He scored anyway.  Pretty goal to cap off the great comeback.  

BRENDAN SMITH

The Griffins have lost three straight games and Smith was held off the score sheet in every game.  Actually...pretty much all of the Griffs were held of the score sheet.  They lost 3-0 to the Lake Erie Monsters, 5-0 to the Houston Aeros, and then 3-1 to the Monsters again on Saturday.  Smith is still tied for third in team scoring with 12 points (5G, 7A) in 18 games. 

Highlights of the Griffins weekend games:


Let's Go Red Wings.
Let's Go Griffins.

No comments:

Post a Comment