Brendan Smith interview

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Game #15: Seth, I don't know why we're friends

THE GAME

Colorado Avalanche (7-6-1) @ Detroit Red Wings (8-3-1)

Detroit takes on the Boston University Terriers Colorado Avalanche.  The Avs are playing their second game in two nights.  Last time these two teams played the Avs were also playing their second game in two nights...and they came in and won in Detroit 5-4 via the shootout.  This time around I expect a different outcome.


THE EXPECTED LINE-UP

Pavel Datsyuk - Henrik Zetterberg - Tomas Holmstrom
Johan Franzen - Valtteri Filppula - Jiri Hudler
Todd Bertuzzi - Mike Modano - Danny Cleary
Justin Abdelkader - Darren Helm - Patrick Eaves

Nicklas Lidstrom - Brad Stuart
Niklas Kronwall - Ruslan Salei
Johnathon Ericsson - Brian Rafalski

Jimmy Howard (starting)
Joey MacDonald 

In the press box: Drew Miller (healthy scratch), Jakub Kindl (healthy scratch) and Chris Osgood (groin)

On LTIR: Kris Draper (groin)


WHAT TO WATCH FOR
  • The lines remain the same with the exception of Eaves for Miller.  I expect to see some new line combinations if the Wings get off to a slow start.
  • I hate the Avs.  I hope the Wings crush them to a bloody pulp.


THOUGHTS FROM THE ENEMY

My good friend Seth was born and raised in Michigan...but he's an Avs fan.  I know it makes no sense.  I've given him crap for it since the day I met him.  Nowadays, he goes to med school in Chicago and, even though a die-hard Dive fan, he enjoys the Blackhawks and likes them to.  Someone remind me why him and I are friends?

Nonetheless, here are his thoughts: "Budaj was able to best the Wings the first time, but I feel like the Wings are too hot right now.  The Avs are too injury depleted for a repeat.  Wings 4-2."


EMERSON CROSS COUNTRY

Today was the NCAA DIII New England Regional meet.  It's was last cross country race ever.  Of course, I'll run more 5k races and marathons over the course of my life, but this is my last race as part of a team.  I personally didn't run well, but the team did overall.  We finished 33rd out of 49 teams.  We knew going into the race we would be between 30-40th place.  It was a good day.  We beat our arch rival Norwich by 42 points (they placed 35th).  It's been a good 11 years of cross-country running.

Let's Go Red Wings.

2 comments:

  1. Well, Huds came through for you finally.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's about time right? Now I have to come up with a new bullet point in my game previews. I'm hoping Happy's goal leads to big things this week,

    ReplyDelete